Lacey Schwimmer on 'DWTS' Couples: 'When You're Bumping and Grinding … You Start Feeling Things'
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 11
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com2 of 11
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com4 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com6 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com7 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com9 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
By Rebecca Silverstein
During Monday night's episode of "Bachelor Pad," we'll finally learn the pairings for this season of "Dancing With the Stars." It's a very fitting opportunity to make such an announcement, we think, considering contestants on "DWTS" seem to hook up just as much those on "Bachelor Pad." From Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff to Sabrina Bryan and Mark Ballas, the series has created some of reality TV's hottest couples. So it got us thinking: What makes this competitive ballroom dancing show a breeding ground for romance?
"When you're bumping and grinding on someone you don't even you know, yeah, tension starts coming up. You start feeling things," Lacey Schwimmer told Wonderwall at the Just Dance 3 party at Fiat Beach House in Malibu. "I mean, if you were bumping and grinding with one of your co-workers every day and that was what you guys had to do, generally some emotion would start happening."
RELATED: See the latest celeb-on-celeb PDA
Kym Johnson agrees, saying, "It's actually not really quite normal -- you meet someone and you say, 'All right, put your hand on my back here; you're gonna touch me here, touch me there.'"
RELATED: Hollywood's sportiest couples
For Maksim Chmerkovskiy, dating your partner is OK as long as it doesn't interfere with the task at hand. "I take my job seriously. I take it as a job, so if anything happens, it can only happen after," he says. "I had a relationship [with Karina Smirnoff] in one of my earlier seasons, but it is what it is."
RELATED: Guess the celeb athlete
Still, while "DWTS" hookups abound, there has yet to be one that's lasted long enough to see a wedding dance. "Most of the relationships don't last past the season," says Cheryl Burke. "Maybe there's a little bit of a flirty thing, but at the end of the day, we go back to our own lives. It would be nice to actually see a relationship last past the show."
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
From Miranda and Orlando to the Jenners, see some of Hollywood's most amicable exes on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite