Lacey Schwimmer on 'DWTS' Couples: 'When You're Bumping and Grinding … You Start Feeling Things'
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 11
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com2 of 11
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com4 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com6 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com7 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com9 of 11
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to NashvilleMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:43:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of Anarchy
By Rebecca Silverstein
During Monday night's episode of "Bachelor Pad," we'll finally learn the pairings for this season of "Dancing With the Stars." It's a very fitting opportunity to make such an announcement, we think, considering contestants on "DWTS" seem to hook up just as much those on "Bachelor Pad." From Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff to Sabrina Bryan and Mark Ballas, the series has created some of reality TV's hottest couples. So it got us thinking: What makes this competitive ballroom dancing show a breeding ground for romance?
"When you're bumping and grinding on someone you don't even you know, yeah, tension starts coming up. You start feeling things," Lacey Schwimmer told Wonderwall at the Just Dance 3 party at Fiat Beach House in Malibu. "I mean, if you were bumping and grinding with one of your co-workers every day and that was what you guys had to do, generally some emotion would start happening."
RELATED: See the latest celeb-on-celeb PDA
Kym Johnson agrees, saying, "It's actually not really quite normal -- you meet someone and you say, 'All right, put your hand on my back here; you're gonna touch me here, touch me there.'"
RELATED: Hollywood's sportiest couples
For Maksim Chmerkovskiy, dating your partner is OK as long as it doesn't interfere with the task at hand. "I take my job seriously. I take it as a job, so if anything happens, it can only happen after," he says. "I had a relationship [with Karina Smirnoff] in one of my earlier seasons, but it is what it is."
RELATED: Guess the celeb athlete
Still, while "DWTS" hookups abound, there has yet to be one that's lasted long enough to see a wedding dance. "Most of the relationships don't last past the season," says Cheryl Burke. "Maybe there's a little bit of a flirty thing, but at the end of the day, we go back to our own lives. It would be nice to actually see a relationship last past the show."
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite