Larry Birkhead: Dannielynn's Guess Ad Is 'Her Only Connection' to Mom Anna Nicole Smith
- Photo: Everett Collection / Rex USA/.1 of 7
- Photo: Guess/Promotional2 of 7
- Photo: Guess/Promotional3 of 7
- Photo: Daniel Warren/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Jennifer Carrillo/Pacific Coast News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
Modeling for her mom.
Six-year-old Dannielynn Birkhead made her adorable modeling debut in Guess Kids ads released on Monday Nov. 26, and the little girl's father, Larry Birkhead, says that the talked-about campaign is a memorial of sorts for Dannielynn's mother, Anna Nicole Smith, who burst onto the modeling scene herself in sexy Guess ads in the early 1990s.
"Dannielynn has always looked up to her mom's image and ... I think that this is kind of Dannielynn's way of paying tribute to her mom in her own special way," Larry, 39, explained on "Good Morning America" on Tuesday.
Despite a paternity dispute with Anna Nicole's former partner, Howard K. Stern, Larry has raised Dannielynn since the Playboy model drug overdose death in 2007; their daughter was just 5 months old at the time.
He continued, "To see her mom's picture next to hers as a Guess girl and say, 'Hey, I was a Guess Kids girl, my mommy was a Guess girl,' that might be her only connection with her mom," he added bittersweetly.
Still, the single dad insisted that Dannielynn is an average child whose new modeling gig is purely for fun.
"My goal for her is for her to be a child and just do what all kids do," he said.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite