Larry Birkhead: Dannielynn's Guess Ad Is 'Her Only Connection' to Mom Anna Nicole Smith
- Photo: Everett Collection / Rex USA/.1 of 7
- Photo: Guess/Promotional2 of 7
- Photo: Guess/Promotional3 of 7
- Photo: Daniel Warren/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Jennifer Carrillo/Pacific Coast News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Modeling for her mom.
Six-year-old Dannielynn Birkhead made her adorable modeling debut in Guess Kids ads released on Monday Nov. 26, and the little girl's father, Larry Birkhead, says that the talked-about campaign is a memorial of sorts for Dannielynn's mother, Anna Nicole Smith, who burst onto the modeling scene herself in sexy Guess ads in the early 1990s.
"Dannielynn has always looked up to her mom's image and ... I think that this is kind of Dannielynn's way of paying tribute to her mom in her own special way," Larry, 39, explained on "Good Morning America" on Tuesday.
Despite a paternity dispute with Anna Nicole's former partner, Howard K. Stern, Larry has raised Dannielynn since the Playboy model drug overdose death in 2007; their daughter was just 5 months old at the time.
He continued, "To see her mom's picture next to hers as a Guess girl and say, 'Hey, I was a Guess Kids girl, my mommy was a Guess girl,' that might be her only connection with her mom," he added bittersweetly.
Still, the single dad insisted that Dannielynn is an average child whose new modeling gig is purely for fun.
"My goal for her is for her to be a child and just do what all kids do," he said.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite