Larry Birkhead: Dannielynn's Guess Ad Is 'Her Only Connection' to Mom Anna Nicole Smith
- Photo: Everett Collection / Rex USA/.1 of 7
- Photo: Guess/Promotional2 of 7
- Photo: Guess/Promotional3 of 7
- Photo: Daniel Warren/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Jennifer Carrillo/Pacific Coast News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Modeling for her mom.
Six-year-old Dannielynn Birkhead made her adorable modeling debut in Guess Kids ads released on Monday Nov. 26, and the little girl's father, Larry Birkhead, says that the talked-about campaign is a memorial of sorts for Dannielynn's mother, Anna Nicole Smith, who burst onto the modeling scene herself in sexy Guess ads in the early 1990s.
"Dannielynn has always looked up to her mom's image and ... I think that this is kind of Dannielynn's way of paying tribute to her mom in her own special way," Larry, 39, explained on "Good Morning America" on Tuesday.
Despite a paternity dispute with Anna Nicole's former partner, Howard K. Stern, Larry has raised Dannielynn since the Playboy model drug overdose death in 2007; their daughter was just 5 months old at the time.
He continued, "To see her mom's picture next to hers as a Guess girl and say, 'Hey, I was a Guess Kids girl, my mommy was a Guess girl,' that might be her only connection with her mom," he added bittersweetly.
Still, the single dad insisted that Dannielynn is an average child whose new modeling gig is purely for fun.
"My goal for her is for her to be a child and just do what all kids do," he said.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite