Larry Birkhead: Dannielynn's Guess Ad Is 'Her Only Connection' to Mom Anna Nicole Smith
- Photo: Everett Collection / Rex USA/.1 of 7
- Photo: Guess/Promotional2 of 7
- Photo: Guess/Promotional3 of 7
- Photo: Daniel Warren/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Jennifer Carrillo/Pacific Coast News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Modeling for her mom.
Six-year-old Dannielynn Birkhead made her adorable modeling debut in Guess Kids ads released on Monday Nov. 26, and the little girl's father, Larry Birkhead, says that the talked-about campaign is a memorial of sorts for Dannielynn's mother, Anna Nicole Smith, who burst onto the modeling scene herself in sexy Guess ads in the early 1990s.
"Dannielynn has always looked up to her mom's image and ... I think that this is kind of Dannielynn's way of paying tribute to her mom in her own special way," Larry, 39, explained on "Good Morning America" on Tuesday.
Despite a paternity dispute with Anna Nicole's former partner, Howard K. Stern, Larry has raised Dannielynn since the Playboy model drug overdose death in 2007; their daughter was just 5 months old at the time.
He continued, "To see her mom's picture next to hers as a Guess girl and say, 'Hey, I was a Guess Kids girl, my mommy was a Guess girl,' that might be her only connection with her mom," he added bittersweetly.
Still, the single dad insisted that Dannielynn is an average child whose new modeling gig is purely for fun.
"My goal for her is for her to be a child and just do what all kids do," he said.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite