- Photo: Jonty Davies/Seventeen1 of 6
By Brenda Rodriguez
For Lauren Conrad, her days on the hit reality show "The Hills" are all but a memory, one that she's OK not having to relive. The fashion designer and author opens up to Seventeen magazine in its March issue (on newsstands Feb. 9) about what life was really like in front of the cameras, her new book and being broke (gasp!) in college.
On life in "The Hills":
"You set out to do a show based on your life and you end up living a life based on your show. Everything you do has to be cleared -- where you work, people who come to your birthday, people you date, what clothes you wear. I had to get the paint color for my apartment approved by the director of photography. It was things like that that I don't miss."
RELATED: See more pics of Lauren
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite