Lauren Conrad Opens Up About William Tell, Says She's Done Clubbing
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 16
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Invision for Longines/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: FCA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision for THR/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: @laurenconrad/Twitter8 of 16
- Photo: Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: Instagram/.10 of 16
- Photo: @laurenconrad/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: @laurenconrad/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Alexi Lubomirski/Allure14 of 16
- Photo: Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Lauren Conrad has come a long way since her days as a high school senior on MTV's "Laguna Beach." Appearing on the July 2013 cover of Marie Claire, the author and fashion designer talks candidly about her showbiz past and her relationship with William Tell, her boyfriend of 16 months.
Though she often hit up Hollywood hotspots like Les Deux with her "Hills" costars Audrina Patridge and Heidi Montag, Conrad admits she's grown tired of the club scene. "It feels done for me. I'm OK with it being done," the 27-year-old tells the magazine. "I destroyed my voice when I moved to L.A. There are polyps all over my vocal chords because I was in a lot of loud places. If you listen to the first episode of 'Laguna,' my voice is completely different."
After Conrad left "The Hills" midway through its fifth season in 2009, she created an empire that includes a fashion line, a book series and a lifestyle website. The author admits she used some events from the show as inspiration for her "L.A. Candy" novels.
"I only ever got to tell half of my story. People are very quick to judge these days, especially behind the anonymity of a screen name," Conrad says of her career as a writer. "It's very easy to say, 'I hate her, I hate what she wore, she seems mean.' But you're only seeing a small fraction of her life."
The California girl does her best to ignore negativity, especially on the Internet. "You realize it doesn't matter," Conrad says. "It's so simple, but it's a very hard lesson to learn. At the end of the day, it doesn't really affect you in any way."
Compared to her MTV years, Conrad has a lot less stress in her life. Part of that is due to her boyfriend, Tell, whom she met through friends on Valentine's Day in 2012. "He is very good for me because we have a lot in common as far as where we grew up," she tells Marie Claire of the 32-year-old, ex-Something Corporate rocker, who also hails from Orange County, Calif. "It's the first time I'm with someone and I'm not explaining things. He also has experience in the entertainment industry, so he understands a lot of things that people don't always get."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite