- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com1 of 4
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital2 of 4
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights to John Malkovich Movie 'Siberian Education'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:34:32 PM
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia to Direct Love Story 'Ali and Nino&aposMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:11:10 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'
It's a clothes call for Lauren Conrad!
One month after the 23-year-old designer announced that she was taking a hiatus from her upscale clothing line, the Hills star reveals that she is launching a brand-new apparel line for Kohl's department stores.
"It is a California chic line," she tells Usmagazine.com of the new brand, called LC Lauren Conrad. "It is a little more casual. They are basically trying to take that California style and make it accessible everywhere."
The line -- which will consist of only apparel at first but may expand to include shoes, jewelry, handbags, intimates and sleepwear -- will be available in October exclusively at Kohl's stores and on the store's website. The prices will range from $20 to $60.
"We are very excited to announce our partnership with Lauren Conrad, a pop culture icon whose style resonates with our contemporary customer," Don Brennan, the senior vice president of Kohls, told Us in a statement Monday.
He added: "We are confident the LC Lauren Conrad collection brings customers both the contemporary style and the world-class brands they want at a price that delivers incredible value."
So why did she decide to take time off from the Lauren Conrad Collection -- which is more expensive and only available in select boutiques -- to create the national Kohl's line?
"It was just kind of a battle I had because I wanted to do a higher-end line -- I wanted to do a contemporary line -- but I was also very aware that the reason I was able to do it at such a young age was because of fans that have supported the show and have supported me," Conrad tells Us. "So this was my way of being able to still do what I love and work with a great company and also make it accessible to the fans that made it possible in the first place."
Plus, the star admits that she has shopped at the store.
"My family has always shopped at Kohl's, so I've always known about them and I think that they do a really great job," Conrad says of the franchise, which has also partnered with designer Vera Wang.
Conrad's personal collection will be back next spring, and she tells Us that fans could pair styles from both of her lines.
"I like having more of an eclectic style where you mix high ends and more affordable pieces," she says. "It's great to be able to go to a store like Kohl's and get really good classic pieces and mix them into your wardrobe."
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite