Lauren Graham: 'I've been on a diet for 35 years'
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 5
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA2 of 5
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA3 of 5
- Photo: AB1/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- TLC Couples 'Honey Boo Boo' Return With Weinstein Co.'s 'TrailerMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 10:00:13 AM
- How a Song About Custer Morphed Into 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Globe Nominee &aposMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 9:34:26 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Interprets Fake Nelson Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 9:30:14 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Sinks to Series' Winter LowMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:50:21 AM
- Estelle Parsons to appear on Broadway in springMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:11:36 AM
- TLC Couples 'Honey Boo Boo' Return With Weinstein Co.'s 'Trailer
Since the age of 11, "Parenthood" star Lauren Graham has been watching what she eats. "I've been on a diet for 35 years," the 46-year-old TV star reveals in the May issue of More.
As the years have gone, however, Graham has learned to love her appearance. "I've spent a lot of time wondering, 'What's going to happen?'" she says of getting older. "I try not to allow myself to do that much anymore. I think I've gotten more comfortable with the unknown."
Perhaps that's a good thing, given Graham's unstable profession. Though she starred on TV's "Gilmore Girls" from 2000 to 2007 and has appeared in films such as "Evan Almighty" and "It's Kind of a Funny Story," the Virginia-raised star says her career has slowed down at times.
"Acting is the most bizarre profession. You can stay in it for years and not really be in it and be waiting for someone to give you an opportunity," Graham explains. "It's like when I watch 'American Idol' and see people who have been told to believe in themselves at all costs: It's not always a good idea."
Graham has a backup plan in place: writing. The actress recently penned her first novel, "Someday, Someday, Maybe." Graham was inspired to pursue her passion for words by Diane Keaton, who played her meddlesome mother in 2007's "Because I Said So." "If she had told me to consider a career in banking, I would have done that," Graham tells More. "I wanted to write about the tiny, tiny progress and the complete unknown of wanting to follow any impossible dream."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGlobe Noms
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite