Lauren Kisses and Tells: Scotty 'Might be my Boyfriend'
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: FOX/Promotional2 of 7
- Photo: Michael Becker/FOX3 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: FOX/Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: FOX6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
ET -- It happened in the blink of an eye amidst a blanket of falling confetti in the final moments of tonight's "American Idol" finale. In a move that shocked the nation, runner-up Lauren Alaina planted a great big mouth-to-mouth kiss on America's newly crowned "Idol," Scotty McCreery. The kiss undoubtedly served to strengthen the already swirling rumors of the pair dating, so ET's Samantha Harris decided to do a little investigating, and get the answer directly from the source.
RELATED: The 'Idols' of then and now face-off
In an interview just moments after the on-stage kiss, Samantha questioned Lauren about her surprising show of intimacy during the finale, and Lauren did not deny a relationship with Scotty, rather she very coyly, and with a devilish look in her eyes responded that "he might be my boyfriend...ask him."
And so we did.
In reply, and with a great big smile on his face, Scotty tells ET that he is "still single" and definitely not in a romantic relationship with Lauren. He says they've "gotten really close, but I don't know about the more than friends stuff."
Reveling in the public's newfound interest in his love life, he admits the romantic attention is hard to get used to, confessing that "the ladies weren't like this back before 'American Idol,' it was tough on me back home."
It seems only time will tell, but with the Idols Live Summer tour coming up, keeping the pair on the road together for months, this won't be the last we hear from these potential "Idol" lovebirds.
From Crowd Ignite