Lea Michele records 'beautiful and perfect' song for 'Glee'
- Photo: Mario Santoro/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.1 of 13
- Photo: @leamichele/Twitter2 of 13
- Photo: Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: @neneleakes/Instagram4 of 13
- Photo: GettyImages.com5 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Rex USA6 of 13
- Photo: @msleamichele/Twitter7 of 13
- Photo: Dean/NPG8 of 13
- Photo: Retna Digital/Retna Digital9 of 13
- Photo: TrickyD/Fame Flynet10 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA11 of 13
- Photo: @msleamichele/Twitter12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Lea Michele is mourning the loss of boyfriend and "Glee" co-star Cory Monteith through song. The 26-year-old singer has returned to work on the FOX musical show and hit the recording studio a little more than three weeks after Monteith died at the age of 31.
"Thank you Alex Anders an Adam Anders for a great recording session today ... You guys are the best," Michele tweeted Monday. "Couldn't have picked a more beautiful & perfect song to start the year with."
Executive music producer Adam tweeted back, "Lea Michele you are the strongest person I know. That was truly amazing. Love you xoxo." Vocal producer and recording engineer Alex also wrote, "Lea Michele you were absolutely magnificent today. I am in awe of your strength and your sweet spirit. Love you."
Monteith was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel on July 13 after overdosing on heroin and alcohol. The actor, who starred as beloved jock Finn Hudson on "Glee," spent a month in rehab in April, but a source close to Michele told Us Weekly she "didn't know" he had relapsed, and she is "inconsolable."
The fifth season of "Glee" premieres on Sept. 26, and co-creator Ryan Murphy said Michele decided how and when the show would handle Monteith's death. "She was very adamant that she thought it was best for the cast and crew to get back together sooner [rather] than later," he explained to TV Line. "Cory was so beloved that she felt people really needed to be together in this time. So we sort of followed her lead."
On Aug. 1, Michele tweeted, "First day of glee today ... And at my first wardrobe fitting for Rachel Berry for Season Five! I've missed her so much."
FOX Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly explained at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour panel on Aug. 1 that "the third episode will deal with the Finn Hudson character being written out of the show ... that episode will deal directly with the incidents involved in Cory's passing and with the drug abuse in particular."
The show also plans to include PSAs from the cast that will "speak directly to the audience" about Monteith's death. Proceeds from the music sales for the third episode will go toward a fund in the late actor's memory.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite