Lea Michele's Cleavage-y Cosmo Cover: Over the Top or Much Ado About Nothing?Related: Hot Gossip, Lea Michele
- Photo: Cosmo/Promotional1 of 7
- Photo: Terry Richardson/GQ2 of 7
- Photo: Terry Richardson/GQ3 of 7
- Photo: Marie Claire4 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ben Affleck on 'SNL': Oscar Speech Apology Is Hard Work (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 7:34:23 AM
- What is Jewish Humor? Justin Timberlake 'Smells a Trap' for Coen Brothers in CanneMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 5:13:00 AM
- Cannes Review: Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Is a Breathtaking OdeMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 6:30:49 PM
- Deals: Weinstein's RADiUS Buys 'Blue Ruin' After Cannes Premiere MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 4:58:13 PM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- Ben Affleck on 'SNL': Oscar Speech Apology Is Hard Work (Video)
By Kat Giantis
Any second now, we expect Lea Michele to belt out a rousing rendition of "I Am Woman (Hear Me Roar)." The reason: Some motherly types are clutching their pearls over her so-called "sexy" cover shot for the March issue of Cosmo.
At issue is the 24-year-old starlet's gaping, perilously plunging black dress, an ensemble that's not nearly as titillating as the butt-cheek-baring hot-pink lingerie and knee socks she sported in November's GQ, or the topless pose she struck in Marie Claire UK.
But it's apparently enough of a change from the sensible cardigans and ladylike plaid skirts Lea wears as straitlaced Rachel Barry on "Glee" to cause a (minor) parental outcry.
"I think Lea Michele is sending the wrong message," one New York mom gripes to FOX News. "She plays such a 'good girl' on 'Glee,' and a lot of kids look up to her persona. Then she poses very provocatively on two magazine covers, which makes my almost-13-year-old son very confused and offended."
So offended that he's probably hiding said magazines under his mattress to peruse indignantly (or something) at a later date. Moving on …
"It's irresponsible to be using an adult who represents a minor dressed in provocative clothes," fumes another mother. "I think Cosmo is now taking advantage of the ruckus GQ caused with their 'Glee' cover and hoping to cash in on the press that got."
Inside Cosmo, the actress, who will sing "America the Beautiful" at the Super Bowl on Sunday, reveals her not-exactly-Charlie-Sheen-esque idea of naughtiness: "Take a shower, put on a robe, pour myself a glass of wine, and Skype with Theo [Stockman, her boyfriend of two years]. That's the best."
In a statement, the mag says it's "thrilled" to have Lea on the cover and "thinks she looks stunning," before reminding everyone, "Michele is a grown woman and Cosmopolitan is a magazine is for adults."
What do you think of Lea's cover? Too much or just enough? Tell us in the comments.
RELATED: Lea always feels beautiful
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite