Leah Remini on Leaving Scientology: I Took a Stance With My Family
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: RSH/ZOJ/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Janet Mayer / Splash News/Splash News10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
Leah Remini is ready for life after Scientology. The "King of Queens" star, 43, supported pal Holly Robinson Peete at Saturday's 15th Annual DesignCare benefit at a private residence in Malibu, Calif.; the event marked Remini's first public appearance since her news-making departure from the Church of Scientology. Remini was born and raised in the faith favored by the likes of Tom Cruise and John Travolta, but left after allegedly disagreeing with Church leader David Miscavige and some of the organization's supposed practices.
Is Remini happy now? "Happy is a relative word," the married mother of one told Us Weekly Saturday. "Yeah. It's a time of change." Specifically addressing her departure from the church, Remini told Us: "I think the fact that my family has taken a stance and we are on a united front says a lot."
In other news, the star says she has some major projects in the works -- including a return to TV. "I'm deciding to do something right now and we'll know in the next week," she teased. "It will be television. It might be in the reality-sitcom world."
A source previously told Us that Remini's exit was not a decision she took lightly. "She thought about this over a long time."
She reportedly also said she believes "people should be able to question things," and that "no one is going to tell me how I need to think."
The New York Post's Page Six first reported that Remini had been supposedly subjected to years of "interrogations" and "thought modifications." A rep for the church told Us Weekly: "The church respects the privacy of parishioners and has no comment about any individual church member."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite