LeAnn Rimes told ex about affair just before scandal broke
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: @deansheremet/Instagram2 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: © JHM / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Leann Rimes' ex-husband, Dean Sheremet, has opened up about the former couple's 2009 split, revealing he found out about the singer's affair with actor Eddie Cibrian just before the news broke.
RELATED: LeAnn Rimes: Highs and lows
The dancer-turned-chef had no idea his wife had been cheating on him with her TV movie co-star and only when Rimes learned that Us Weekly had intimate photos of her with the actor did she tell her then-husband about the fling.
Appearing on "Access Hollywood Live" on Thursday, Sheremet revealed, "Unfortunately, I found out right before the story broke. ... I got a call from LeAnn and she said, 'Us Weekly may or may not have a picture of me and Eddie kissing.' I was like, 'Woah! What do you mean may or may not...?' It unfolded from there."
He has since moved on with his life and has remarried, but he admitted the fall-out from the affair between his ex and her new husband, Cibrian, was very tough for him and his family.
He added, "The harder part was seeing it played out over the media. ... It was an intimate personal thing that was on the front of every magazine and my mom's going to the supermarket and it's got me and Leann and all this controversy."
Sheremet reveals he and his ex rarely speak, but he has no ill will towards her for breaking their marriage up, insisting it was actually a good thing for him, personally and professionally.
He explains, "I have no animosity towards her; I have nothing but love for her and I really wish her the best. Every relationship you have you learn from, and I think that was my learning experience of what I needed to do to pick myself up and do what I needed to do. It was hard to delineate where I stopped and LeAnn began. We were so intertwined. I was husband, I was father, I was manager. ... There were so many different roles and it's hard to juggle all those things when you just wanna be in love with someone. And now it's part of my story ... I get to do awesome cooking segments (on TV) ... and whatever it is that gets me in the door is fine."
RELATED: Country star gossip
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite