- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Wonderwall2 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP5 of 7
- Photo: LAN/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
By Dana Flax, reporting by Mary S. Park
Many young fashionistas make great sacrifices to keep their wardrobe overflowing with couture. Asphyxiating amounts of credit card debt come to mind first, but how about a foray into piracy? You may be on yarrr (*wink*) own there, Leighton Meester. Wonderwall caught up with the "Gossip" gal at the Mercedes-Benz Star Lounge at New York Fashion Week on Wednedsay and got the exclusive lowdown on her fashion role models, fave fall trends and, well, that newfound vocation of hers.
Wonderwall: You've been to shows before. What is Fashion Week like?
Leighton Meester: "I think it's very exciting, and it's like seeing art shows. It's very inspiring, and it's fun for like the 5 minutes that the show is going on and everything else is kind of unnecessary."
WW: Do you have to wear something from the designer's line if you're going to the show?
LM: "The reason why I would wear something, like, to the show is because I absolutely love it, and I'm a huge fan of his, and I'd want to support him and the clothes are so beautiful."
WW: What is your Fall must-have item?
LM: "That's so beautiful [points to a pair of purple sequined pants], and the jacket with the [crocodile print]. It's ridiculous and t-----s out on the floor! And it's so well made, too, and [Phillip Lim] told me I looked like a pirate."
WW: Which is a compliment.
LM: "Which is a compliment coming from him because his line is inspired by pirates."
WW: Was his line inspired by you?
LM: "No, I think it's because I was wearing his clothes that he said that. But I think this one [motions toward her own outfit] is very old Hollywood mixed with rock star. It's very cool."
WW: What fashion trend do you hate?
LM: "I think it's just a matter of [wearing] what you love and what you feel comfortable in, you know? And definitely, like, taking chances and ... I think that when it comes to real fashion, there's no such thing as a trend because every designer has their own signature look."
WW: Who is your fashion icon?
LM: "I love Cate Blanchett and I love Charlize Theron -- she's very beautiful. Also, as far as fashion goes, I love Gwyneth Paltrow -- great style."
WW: What do you love about their looks?
LM: "Well, I love when you can look at somebody on the red carpet and they're put together and beautiful and they experiment, but then they have their own unique and credible look off the red carpet that's their own. The red carpet is for experimenting and having fun and creating an entire look, head to toe, but in real life, you can definitely tell the difference with somebody that has beautiful style, and Gwyneth Paltrow has beautiful style."
WW: Right. People who aren't schlubby.
LM: "Well, I think it's just about being fashionable, you know?"
Yes, we know you know, Miss Meester.
More on Wonderwall:
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite