- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Wonderwall2 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP5 of 7
- Photo: LAN/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
By Dana Flax, reporting by Mary S. Park
Many young fashionistas make great sacrifices to keep their wardrobe overflowing with couture. Asphyxiating amounts of credit card debt come to mind first, but how about a foray into piracy? You may be on yarrr (*wink*) own there, Leighton Meester. Wonderwall caught up with the "Gossip" gal at the Mercedes-Benz Star Lounge at New York Fashion Week on Wednedsay and got the exclusive lowdown on her fashion role models, fave fall trends and, well, that newfound vocation of hers.
Wonderwall: You've been to shows before. What is Fashion Week like?
Leighton Meester: "I think it's very exciting, and it's like seeing art shows. It's very inspiring, and it's fun for like the 5 minutes that the show is going on and everything else is kind of unnecessary."
WW: Do you have to wear something from the designer's line if you're going to the show?
LM: "The reason why I would wear something, like, to the show is because I absolutely love it, and I'm a huge fan of his, and I'd want to support him and the clothes are so beautiful."
WW: What is your Fall must-have item?
LM: "That's so beautiful [points to a pair of purple sequined pants], and the jacket with the [crocodile print]. It's ridiculous and t-----s out on the floor! And it's so well made, too, and [Phillip Lim] told me I looked like a pirate."
WW: Which is a compliment.
LM: "Which is a compliment coming from him because his line is inspired by pirates."
WW: Was his line inspired by you?
LM: "No, I think it's because I was wearing his clothes that he said that. But I think this one [motions toward her own outfit] is very old Hollywood mixed with rock star. It's very cool."
WW: What fashion trend do you hate?
LM: "I think it's just a matter of [wearing] what you love and what you feel comfortable in, you know? And definitely, like, taking chances and ... I think that when it comes to real fashion, there's no such thing as a trend because every designer has their own signature look."
WW: Who is your fashion icon?
LM: "I love Cate Blanchett and I love Charlize Theron -- she's very beautiful. Also, as far as fashion goes, I love Gwyneth Paltrow -- great style."
WW: What do you love about their looks?
LM: "Well, I love when you can look at somebody on the red carpet and they're put together and beautiful and they experiment, but then they have their own unique and credible look off the red carpet that's their own. The red carpet is for experimenting and having fun and creating an entire look, head to toe, but in real life, you can definitely tell the difference with somebody that has beautiful style, and Gwyneth Paltrow has beautiful style."
WW: Right. People who aren't schlubby.
LM: "Well, I think it's just about being fashionable, you know?"
Yes, we know you know, Miss Meester.
More on Wonderwall:
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite