Lena Dunham: I don't want the body of a Victoria's Secret model
- Photo: Playboy/.1 of 11
- Photo: Playboy/.2 of 11
- Photo: UPA/Retna Ltd.3 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Reuters5 of 11
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Flynet6 of 11
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: @lenadunham/Instagram9 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to NashvilleMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:43:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of Anarchy
Lena Dunham isn't perfect, but she is perfectly happy with who she is and how she looks. In fact, given the choice between her current body and the body of a Victoria's Secret model, the "Girls" creator would opt to stick with her status quo.
Talking about her appearance in the April issue of Playboy -- she's the subject of the magazine's 20Q column -- the always-candid 26-year-old Golden Globe winner says seriously that "it must be a big burden in some ways to look [like a model] and be in public." She'd much rather be herself than, say, Miranda Kerr or Alessandra Ambrosio.
"I'd be really disoriented and wonder what had happened in the night," she replies when asked what she'd do if she woke up in the body of a Victoria's Secret bombshell. "Which enemy had dragged me to the doctor? I don't think I'd like it very much. There would be all kinds of weird challenges to deal with that I don't have to deal with now."
"I don't want to go through life wondering if people are talking to me because I have a big rack," Dunham explains. "Not being the babest person in the world creates a nice barrier. The people who talk to you are the people who are interested in you."
"That said, I probably would want to see if I could get free food at restaurants," she quips. "Then I'd call a doctor and see if she could return me to my former situation."
There may be one other scenario in which she could see having a model's physique working to her advantage, though. Joking about the type of men who hit on her, the actress, who is dating musician Jack Antonoff of the band fun., says, "I definitely haven't had any Ryan Goslings saying, 'I love the way your mind works. Can I take you to dinner?' Maybe it would happen if I looked like a Victoria's Secret model for one day. Now I understand how I could use that."
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite