Letterman: 'I'm on medicinal help'
- Photo: ADAM ROUNTREE/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: CBS/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: CBS/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: FPZ/Fame Pictures5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
In a recent televised discussion about his life-saving heart surgery, late-night talk show host David Letterman confessed he takes medication to battle depression.
The TV personality joined comic Robin Williams and former President Bill Clinton to talk about his second chance at life as part of a Barbara Walters news special, which aired on Friday.
But they didn't last long.
During the segment, Letterman stated, "Depression is a black hole ... I've dabbled in it.
"There's a difference in being sad and being blue and being depressed and being chemically or clinically depressed. I do know the difference between those and it's horrifying.
"Without some kind of medicinal help ... institutions used to be full of people who were depressed."
Asked if he was on meds himself, Letterman said, "Yes, I'm on medicinal help."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite