Lisa Ling introduces baby daughter Jett
- Photo: Us Weekly/Elizabeth Messina/Promotional1 of 7
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: INB/Ivan Nikolov/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 7
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' TelecaMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:49:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Lisa Ling is a mom at last! After suffering miscarriages in 2010 and 2011, the TV journalist and her oncologist husband, Paul Song, proudly welcomed a little girl, Jett, on March 8. Married since 2007, the couple share exclusive pictures of their daughter in the May 20 issue of Us Weekly.
"We weren't trying," Ling, 39, says of getting pregnant in the summer of 2012. "My travel schedule is erratic, and I only saw Paul once a month, so it was a shock. We had considered adoption, but we got very lucky. We believe this is the child we were supposed to have."
Given their history, the spouses spent the first few months fearing the worst. Then the baby moved for the first time. "It was incredible -- I had never gotten far enough along to feel like anything was in there," Ling explains. "Paul and I stayed in bed all weekend with our hands on my stomach. It was such a miracle."
The host of OWN's "Our America With Lisa Ling" delivered her daughter via C-section because the cord was wrapped around her daughter's neck. "When they held her up, it was probably the most triumphant moment in our marriage," Ling says. "It was like, 'We made that screaming beast and we're responsible for her for the rest of our lives!' It was an incredible bonding moment."
"When I left the hospital with Jett, the whole world looked different to me," she adds. "I've always been into my work and wanted to do work that I could be proud of. Now, I want to do work that she can be proud of."
Ling and Song, 47, chose the name Jett for a variety of reasons, the California native explains. "I'm a huge fan of martial arts and Jet Li, so I loved the name Jett," the new mom tells Us. "It also reminds me of Joan Jett and badass women rockers."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite