Lisa Ling introduces baby daughter Jett
- Photo: Us Weekly/Elizabeth Messina/Promotional1 of 7
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: INB/Ivan Nikolov/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 7
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Sarah Palin Hosting Sportsman Channel Show 'Amazing America'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 9:47:30 AM
- New York Times Journalist Mocked on Twitter After Las Vegas Sun Scoops PaperMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 9:05:09 AM
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of SeriesMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:34:51 AM
- Apple, Google and Facebook Call for More Controls on Government SurveillanceMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:30:47 AM
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scores IMAX ReleaseMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:14:40 AM
- Sarah Palin Hosting Sportsman Channel Show 'Amazing America'
Lisa Ling is a mom at last! After suffering miscarriages in 2010 and 2011, the TV journalist and her oncologist husband, Paul Song, proudly welcomed a little girl, Jett, on March 8. Married since 2007, the couple share exclusive pictures of their daughter in the May 20 issue of Us Weekly.
"We weren't trying," Ling, 39, says of getting pregnant in the summer of 2012. "My travel schedule is erratic, and I only saw Paul once a month, so it was a shock. We had considered adoption, but we got very lucky. We believe this is the child we were supposed to have."
Given their history, the spouses spent the first few months fearing the worst. Then the baby moved for the first time. "It was incredible -- I had never gotten far enough along to feel like anything was in there," Ling explains. "Paul and I stayed in bed all weekend with our hands on my stomach. It was such a miracle."
The host of OWN's "Our America With Lisa Ling" delivered her daughter via C-section because the cord was wrapped around her daughter's neck. "When they held her up, it was probably the most triumphant moment in our marriage," Ling says. "It was like, 'We made that screaming beast and we're responsible for her for the rest of our lives!' It was an incredible bonding moment."
"When I left the hospital with Jett, the whole world looked different to me," she adds. "I've always been into my work and wanted to do work that I could be proud of. Now, I want to do work that she can be proud of."
Ling and Song, 47, chose the name Jett for a variety of reasons, the California native explains. "I'm a huge fan of martial arts and Jet Li, so I loved the name Jett," the new mom tells Us. "It also reminds me of Joan Jett and badass women rockers."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite