Lisa Whelchel Says 'Survivor' Helped Her Cope With Divorce
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: LM Otero/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Wonderwall5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Former "Facts of Life" star Lisa Whelchel has credited her stint on the reality TV show "Survivor: Philippines" with helping her get through the heartbreak of divorce.
The actress's 24-year marriage to associate pastor Steven Cauble ended earlier this year when the couple's divorce was finalized in March. But Whelchel didn't have time to dwell on the drama -- because she had to fly off to the Philippines days later to compete for the new "Survivor" crown.
RELATED: '80s Stars in Their 50s
The 49-year-old tells People, "The divorce was final on March 1, and [I] went out to be on 'Survivor' on March 10. Going out to 'Survivor' was helpful for me, to divert my attention and not just dwell on the loss." And it seems her getaway was not short-lived: Whelchel was not the first player voted off the island on Wednesday's premiere episode on Sept. 19, 2012.
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite