'Little Couple' star reveals details about cancer
- Photo: WENN1 of 4
- Photo: WENN2 of 4
- Photo: Tom Meinelt-Jason Winslow/Splash News3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
After revealing last week that she's currently fighting cancer, "The Little Couple" star Jen Arnold is opening up about her latest health challenge.
"There are moments I feel just terrible," the 39-year-old Arnold tells People magazine. "I can't believe it is happening. Other times, I feel like this is just a bump in the road."
Arnold explains that she first experienced symptoms while in India earlier this year with her husband Bill Klein and three-year-old son Will to pick up their two-year-old daughter Zoey, who they adopted from China. During the trip, Arnold said she experienced bleeding and decided to return home to Houston by herself for treatment after speaking with her OB-GYN.
"My initial thoughts were all about Zoey. But then the bleeding got worse and I was feeling light-headed. It was a hard decision, but I had to go home," she explained. Arnold, a neonatologist at Texas Children's Hospital, was then diagnosed with stage 3 choriocarcinoma, a rare cancer that began with a non-viable pregnancy (the embryo had no heartbeat) she suffered in September.
"The one time I get pregnant, I get cancer," said Arnold, who eventually had a hysterectomy after a cancerous mass in her uterus didn't initially respond to chemotherapy. Her doctor, Dr. Concepcion R. Diaz-Arrastia, has conducted extensive research and contacted specialists around the country to calculate the appropriate dosage of chemotherapy.
Arnold's cancer battle will be documented in future episodes of TLC's "The Little Couple."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite