Joel Madden blasts reports of marriage problems with Nicole Richie
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com1 of 12
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Alan Silfen/.4 of 12
- Photo: Mirrorpix/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: GCA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE10 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Rocker Joel Madden has slammed reports that his marriage to Nicole Richie is in trouble as they work on TV talent shows on opposite sides of the world.
The Good Charlotte frontman, who lives in Los Angeles with his wife and their two young children, has recently been spending time in Australia, where he's a mentor on the hit new reality show "The Voice," while socialite-turned-fashion designer Richie launches her new series, "Fashion Star."
Sources tell In Touch the time apart has put a strain on the couple's relationship, suggesting the Maddens are having "marriage woes."
The musician says he was prompted to speak out about the rumors to protect his reputation and the "sanctity" of his marriage.
The statement, issued to GossipCop.com, reads: "I don't usually comment on gossip, but seeing as this is something that is defaming my character and the sanctity of my marriage and family, I feel like I have to make something clear. I understand the nature of gossip media, and I accept that. However much I do understand people's need to be entertained by creating stories for blogs and tabloids, I take my responsibilities as a father, and as a husband very seriously. My wife and my children are the most important thing in the world to me. I try very hard to be the father that Harlow and Sparrow need and deserve, and the husband I believe Nicole deserves. I care way more about these things than I do about any job I could ever do, song I could ever write, or success I could ever find in what I think is the silliest business in the world. I love music and will always work the hardest I can to provide for my family, but not at any cost. My family's well being and privacy will always come first."
The statement continued, "I would never usually go out of my way to comment on these things, and I by no means plan on starting, I just felt the need to say this because if in fact my children do read all the stories that have and will be written by a media that does not care about sacred things like family and marriage, I hope they also find this statement."
Madden wed Richie in December 2010.
RELATED: Star Secrets
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite