Maks Lashes Out at Len Goodman: You're "Too Old to Be On" DWTS!
- Photo: Hellmuth Dominguez/Pacific Coast News1 of 8
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com2 of 8
- Photo: ABC/Promotional3 of 8
- Photo: ABC/Promotional4 of 8
- Photo: ABC/Promotional5 of 8
- Photo: WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Winter/GettyImages.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, ImagineMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Black TV Producer Mistaken for Bank Robber: Beverly Hills PD 'Deeply Regrets' ErroMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Ad Spending to Hit Record $172 Billion Next Year; Digital to Overtake in 2017MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Pierce Brosnan Spy Thriller 'November Man' Targets Older Action Fans at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Babel's' Adriana Barraza to Play Pablo Escobar's Mother in NetfMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, Imagine
Maksim Chmerkovskiy is lashing out at Len Goodman after the judge criticized him for ripping off his shirt on Monday's "Dancing With the Stars."
Chmerkovskiy, 30, and his partner, ESPN anchor Erin Andrews, got 9s from judges Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba for their samba. But Goodman, 66, gave them a 7 because he felt Chmerkovskiy's decision to rip off his shirt during the dance was gimmicky. "I'm fed up, Maks, with shirts coming off!" he snapped. "She's too good for that!"
"Len is wrong one billion percent," Chmerkovskiy told UsMagazine.com after the show. "He said we didn't have enough substance in samba. Are you out of your mind? I could give you a list right now, probably would take about three pages, of all the steps we did in samba. This is what I do for a living! I know that not everyone knows what goes into this, but I go back to running four very successful dance studios. I have a staff of about 50. I have trained a ton of US champions and world champions, and I've coached [everyone] from juveniles to professionals. Don't tell me what I didn't do right because you're wrong! And if that means you're too old to be on this show and judge, then that's what it means.
"My job here is to support Erin, to teach her, and to try to show her what to do," he continued.
Chmerkovskiy said Goodman shouldn't be surprised by his fiery remarks.
"He can't say that stuff without expecting me to say something back," Chmerkovskiy told Us. "This is my job. If you're going to call me out, expect me to defend myself."
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite