Malin Akerman gushes about baby son Sebastian: 'He's kind of amazing,' newly single star says
- Photo: AP Images/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: therealmalinakerman/Instagram3 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: @therealmalinakerman/Instagram8 of 11
- Photo: Peter/NPG9 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Original Marquis de Sade manuscript on displayMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 6:27:06 AM
- American performers get standing ovation in IranMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 6:06:53 AM
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentencedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 5:52:42 AM
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC ComicsMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 5:43:40 AM
- Color lines are blurred in Fox comedy 'black-ish'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 5:28:06 AM
- Original Marquis de Sade manuscript on display
Mama Malin! Suddenly single Trophy Wife star Malin Akerman simply cannot get enough of her baby son Sebastian, she told Us Weekly Wednesday at Elle's Women in Television celebration at Sunset Tower in Hollywood.
"It's like one of those things where it's everything you expected, but it's not at all how you expected it," the ABC star, 35, said of motherhood. "There's so much love, and in such a crazy way, it's one of those things where you just keep pinching yourself because they grow so much all the time," she added of her 9-month-old son with rocker Roberto Zincone.
"You keep going, 'Wow, he looks so much like me,' or 'he's doing this, and that's so much like his father," the Swedish-Canadian star said. As previously reported by Us, Akerman and Zincone split in November after six years of marriage. The drummer filed for divorce just seven months after their only child was born.
"[There are] so many moments that you didn't know were going to happen that just excite you that are really small things," added Akerman, who was showing friends pictures of her son on Wednesday night. "All I want to do is hold that baby."
Wearing a sleeveless, flaming-red Osman cocktail frock with white Chelsea Paris heels, the devoted mom said she actually "put on the dress at the very last minute, and then scooted out without holding him" before the celebratory dinner.
As for baby milestones and characteristics, Akerman said little Sebastian is "almost walking now." She continued, "The best part about him is that he cracks himself up with so many things."
"Literally, I'll put him in his bed, and all of a sudden, I'll just hear him laughing in his own bed," she gushed. "He's kind of amazing. And I'm walking backwards, and he's walking, just watching your feet walk backwards is hysterical to him."
Despite the breakup, Akerman has been busy juggling motherhood along with her hit comedy series. "It's so much fun. I mean, every moment," she said of life with Sebastian. "I get to bring him to work every day," she added. "He comes down to set. Everyone on set are like his aunts and uncles. He's going to be a really social baby."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHooking Up?
From Crowd Ignite