Mama June is legally blind: 'Honey Boo Boo' star's mom has blurry vision from cataracts
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: TLC/Promotional4 of 11
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: CHARLIE LUCIANO/StarTraks10 of 11
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 9:49 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:40:16 AM
- Outtakes from OscarWrap Magazine Shoots (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:57:49 PM
- John Lasseter, Disney Legends Celebrate 90 Years and Campaign for 'Frozen'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:34:46 PM
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: 5 Fleshy, Lace-Draped MomentsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:45:29 PM
- 10 Eye-Popping Stills From Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:14:57 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 9:49 a.m. EST
Poor Mama June! As evidenced in past episodes of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," the TLC star struggles with her vision and is actually legally blind due to childhood cataracts that were not properly treated.
"She can't have surgery because they believe it could do more harm than good," a TLC spokesperson told Daily Mail. "The damages are that bad."
As seen in one episode, the 33-year-old mom struggled to ride go-karts with her family due to her eyesight -- admitting that her vision is poor and she doesn't have a driver's license. "I'm not going to lie to you, my eyesight was a little blurry," she told the cameras after slowly riding the course and crashing into a few barriers.
Mama June is mom to 7-year-old, Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, and her sisters Pumpkin, 13, Chubbs, 16, and 18-year-old Chickadee. While talking to Us Weekly exclusively about the show's Season 2, currently airing Wednesdays on TLC, the matriarch of the family didn't address her eyesight problem -- but did share that she was most proud that fame hasn't changed her brood.
"It can end as quick as it begins," she said. "I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon, but you never know."
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFuneral Plans
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite