Mama June is legally blind: 'Honey Boo Boo' star's mom has blurry vision from cataracts
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: TLC/Promotional4 of 11
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: CHARLIE LUCIANO/StarTraks10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Poor Mama June! As evidenced in past episodes of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," the TLC star struggles with her vision and is actually legally blind due to childhood cataracts that were not properly treated.
"She can't have surgery because they believe it could do more harm than good," a TLC spokesperson told Daily Mail. "The damages are that bad."
As seen in one episode, the 33-year-old mom struggled to ride go-karts with her family due to her eyesight -- admitting that her vision is poor and she doesn't have a driver's license. "I'm not going to lie to you, my eyesight was a little blurry," she told the cameras after slowly riding the course and crashing into a few barriers.
Mama June is mom to 7-year-old, Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, and her sisters Pumpkin, 13, Chubbs, 16, and 18-year-old Chickadee. While talking to Us Weekly exclusively about the show's Season 2, currently airing Wednesdays on TLC, the matriarch of the family didn't address her eyesight problem -- but did share that she was most proud that fame hasn't changed her brood.
"It can end as quick as it begins," she said. "I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon, but you never know."
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite