Mama June is legally blind: 'Honey Boo Boo' star's mom has blurry vision from cataracts
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: TLC/Promotional4 of 11
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: CHARLIE LUCIANO/StarTraks10 of 11
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Poor Mama June! As evidenced in past episodes of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," the TLC star struggles with her vision and is actually legally blind due to childhood cataracts that were not properly treated.
"She can't have surgery because they believe it could do more harm than good," a TLC spokesperson told Daily Mail. "The damages are that bad."
As seen in one episode, the 33-year-old mom struggled to ride go-karts with her family due to her eyesight -- admitting that her vision is poor and she doesn't have a driver's license. "I'm not going to lie to you, my eyesight was a little blurry," she told the cameras after slowly riding the course and crashing into a few barriers.
Mama June is mom to 7-year-old, Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, and her sisters Pumpkin, 13, Chubbs, 16, and 18-year-old Chickadee. While talking to Us Weekly exclusively about the show's Season 2, currently airing Wednesdays on TLC, the matriarch of the family didn't address her eyesight problem -- but did share that she was most proud that fame hasn't changed her brood.
"It can end as quick as it begins," she said. "I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon, but you never know."
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Derek Hough undergoes painful physical therapy to deal with a back injury, plus more stars seek professional tune ups on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite