Mama June is legally blind: 'Honey Boo Boo' star's mom has blurry vision from cataracts
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: TLC/Promotional4 of 11
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: CHARLIE LUCIANO/StarTraks10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman UniversityMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Pretty Little Liars Finale Postmortem: A's Latest Victim Speaks Out!MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:09:00 AM
- Jeremy Irvine, Minka Kelly Thriller 'The World Made Straight' Acquired by MillenniMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:06:00 AM
- Drafthouse Films, Participant Media Acquire US Rights to 'The Look of Silence'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- David Frankel to Direct Sci-Fi Drama 'Departure'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman University
Poor Mama June! As evidenced in past episodes of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," the TLC star struggles with her vision and is actually legally blind due to childhood cataracts that were not properly treated.
"She can't have surgery because they believe it could do more harm than good," a TLC spokesperson told Daily Mail. "The damages are that bad."
As seen in one episode, the 33-year-old mom struggled to ride go-karts with her family due to her eyesight -- admitting that her vision is poor and she doesn't have a driver's license. "I'm not going to lie to you, my eyesight was a little blurry," she told the cameras after slowly riding the course and crashing into a few barriers.
Mama June is mom to 7-year-old, Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, and her sisters Pumpkin, 13, Chubbs, 16, and 18-year-old Chickadee. While talking to Us Weekly exclusively about the show's Season 2, currently airing Wednesdays on TLC, the matriarch of the family didn't address her eyesight problem -- but did share that she was most proud that fame hasn't changed her brood.
"It can end as quick as it begins," she said. "I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon, but you never know."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite