Maria Menounos: Jack Nicholson 'Got Me Kicked Out' of a Lakers Game!
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA2 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Mike Windle/Getty Images North America5 of 16
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA7 of 16
- Photo: Headlinephoto/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Stew Milne/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Lori Shepler/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious MaidsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:37:00 AM
- Idris Elba and Girlfriend Welcome SonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:02:00 AM
- Aereo CEO 'Hoping for a Clear Decision' From Supreme CourtMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Parenthood Season Finale Recap: Amber and Ryan's New Obstacle and Haddie's Big SecMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:41:00 AM
- Parks and Recreation Finale Enlists Workaholics' Blake AndersonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:23:00 AM
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious Maids
Memo to sports fans everywhere: If you want to mess with the Lakers, you're going to have to go through Jack Nicholson first. The 76-year-old actor is arguably the Los Angeles team's biggest and most famous fan, so when you're courtside at Staples Center, you're in his territory -- and he's apparently not a very forgiving ruler. In fact, he once got "Extra" host (and Boston Celtics fan) Maria Menounos kicked out of her seat.
Menounos, 35, told the funny anecdote during an appearance on Conan O'Brien's show on Monday. According to her version of events, she and comedian Dane Cook were sitting courtside at Game 6 of the Lakers vs. Celtics 2010 NBA Finals when security appeared and asked them to move.
"We made it our business, our second job, to go to all these games and really rally for our team," she explained. "And all of a sudden -- we're courtside, I'm screaming, going crazy -- I get booted! These guys come and pull us out! I'm like, 'What is going on?'"
She and Cook later ended up in the Chairman's Lounge, where they ran into Nicholson coming out of the bathroom. "He's like, 'Heh, heh, heh, heh.' And I thought really quickly and I'm like, 'Oh my God, what if he ...' And he's like, 'I see they moved your seat.' He got me kicked out! I heard later he called [late Lakers owner] Jerry Buss and had me removed!"
Menounos also had a run-in with Lakers star Kobe Bryant. He spotted her on a red carpet just before the All-Star Game and called her out for wearing bright green (the Celtics' color). But that story has a happier ending.
"He was like, 'You know, I actually really respect you,'" Menounos told O'Brien of Bryant. "'You really stick up for your team, and you're not scared in our territory to show your love' ... He was cool."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite