Maria Menounos: Jack Nicholson 'Got Me Kicked Out' of a Lakers Game!
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA2 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Mike Windle/Getty Images North America5 of 16
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA7 of 16
- Photo: Headlinephoto/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Stew Milne/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Lori Shepler/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Memo to sports fans everywhere: If you want to mess with the Lakers, you're going to have to go through Jack Nicholson first. The 76-year-old actor is arguably the Los Angeles team's biggest and most famous fan, so when you're courtside at Staples Center, you're in his territory -- and he's apparently not a very forgiving ruler. In fact, he once got "Extra" host (and Boston Celtics fan) Maria Menounos kicked out of her seat.
Menounos, 35, told the funny anecdote during an appearance on Conan O'Brien's show on Monday. According to her version of events, she and comedian Dane Cook were sitting courtside at Game 6 of the Lakers vs. Celtics 2010 NBA Finals when security appeared and asked them to move.
"We made it our business, our second job, to go to all these games and really rally for our team," she explained. "And all of a sudden -- we're courtside, I'm screaming, going crazy -- I get booted! These guys come and pull us out! I'm like, 'What is going on?'"
She and Cook later ended up in the Chairman's Lounge, where they ran into Nicholson coming out of the bathroom. "He's like, 'Heh, heh, heh, heh.' And I thought really quickly and I'm like, 'Oh my God, what if he ...' And he's like, 'I see they moved your seat.' He got me kicked out! I heard later he called [late Lakers owner] Jerry Buss and had me removed!"
Menounos also had a run-in with Lakers star Kobe Bryant. He spotted her on a red carpet just before the All-Star Game and called her out for wearing bright green (the Celtics' color). But that story has a happier ending.
"He was like, 'You know, I actually really respect you,'" Menounos told O'Brien of Bryant. "'You really stick up for your team, and you're not scared in our territory to show your love' ... He was cool."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite