Martha Stewart: I almost signed up for Match.com to find a boyfriend
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: WENN6 of 12
- Photo: BRIAN FLANNERY/Bauer-Griffin7 of 12
- Photo: CS5/C. Smith/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Bleacher Report To Get SiriusXm ChannelMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 1:00:00 PM
- 'Starred Up' Director David Mackenzie Dishes on Jack O'Connell Prison DraMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:56:00 PM
- TLC Promotes Three Production and Development ExecutivesMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:35:00 PM
- Fox News to Air Documentary '13 Hours at Benghazi The Inside Story'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:24:00 PM
- Maker Studios Hit With $19 Million Lawsuit by Former ShowrunnerMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Bleacher Report To Get SiriusXm Channel
Martha Stewart's professional life has never been better. But her personal life is another story. Having already mastered the art of homemaking, the once-divorced domestic diva is now looking for someone to share that home with. And she's game for anything -- even online dating!
In a new interview with "Today" show anchor Matt Lauer to promote her latest book, "Living the Good Long Life: A Practical Guide to Caring for Yourself and Others," the 71-year-old media mogul confessed that she nearly signed up for Match.com to find a partner. "I had a longtime boyfriend," she explained. "That ended a couple years ago. And I haven't found the next Mr. Right."
Thinking he might exist somewhere on the great wide Web, Stewart started the process of signing up for the matchmaking site. But she didn't get very far.
"I started to laugh halfway down the page," she said of filling out the online application. "It was, like, impossible."
Had she gone through with it, though, she told Lauer she wouldn't have used an alias. "I want to do my real thing," she insisted.
The businesswoman was previously married to Andrew Stewart -- with whom she has a daughter, Alexis Stewart, 47 -- from 1961 to 1987. After they split, she dated actor Sir Anthony Hopkins for a time, and then computer software exec Charles Simonyi. Neither turned out to be "the next Mr. Right," but Stewart isn't calling off the search just yet.
"I love dating!" she told Lauer.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite