Martha Stewart: I almost signed up for Match.com to find a boyfriend
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: WENN6 of 12
- Photo: BRIAN FLANNERY/Bauer-Griffin7 of 12
- Photo: CS5/C. Smith/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Seth Rogen and James Franco's 'The Interview' Blasted by North Korea in UMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 4:50:00 PM
- Lilly Ghalici Exits Bravo's 'Shahs of Sunset'MSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Justin Bieber Avoids Jail After Pleading No Contest in Egging CaseMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 3:39:00 PM
- 'Divergent' Trilogy Closer 'Allegiant' Drafts 'Maze RunMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Tom Cruise Recruits Alec Baldwin, 'White Queen's' Rebecca Ferguson for &aMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 3:19:00 PM
- Seth Rogen and James Franco's 'The Interview' Blasted by North Korea in U
Martha Stewart's professional life has never been better. But her personal life is another story. Having already mastered the art of homemaking, the once-divorced domestic diva is now looking for someone to share that home with. And she's game for anything -- even online dating!
In a new interview with "Today" show anchor Matt Lauer to promote her latest book, "Living the Good Long Life: A Practical Guide to Caring for Yourself and Others," the 71-year-old media mogul confessed that she nearly signed up for Match.com to find a partner. "I had a longtime boyfriend," she explained. "That ended a couple years ago. And I haven't found the next Mr. Right."
Thinking he might exist somewhere on the great wide Web, Stewart started the process of signing up for the matchmaking site. But she didn't get very far.
"I started to laugh halfway down the page," she said of filling out the online application. "It was, like, impossible."
Had she gone through with it, though, she told Lauer she wouldn't have used an alias. "I want to do my real thing," she insisted.
The businesswoman was previously married to Andrew Stewart -- with whom she has a daughter, Alexis Stewart, 47 -- from 1961 to 1987. After they split, she dated actor Sir Anthony Hopkins for a time, and then computer software exec Charles Simonyi. Neither turned out to be "the next Mr. Right," but Stewart isn't calling off the search just yet.
"I love dating!" she told Lauer.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Derek and Julianne Hough share behind-the-scenes clips from their Move Live On Tour on Celebs Gone Social hosted by WW's Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite