Martha Stewart: I almost signed up for Match.com to find a boyfriend
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: WENN6 of 12
- Photo: BRIAN FLANNERY/Bauer-Griffin7 of 12
- Photo: CS5/C. Smith/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Martha Stewart's professional life has never been better. But her personal life is another story. Having already mastered the art of homemaking, the once-divorced domestic diva is now looking for someone to share that home with. And she's game for anything -- even online dating!
In a new interview with "Today" show anchor Matt Lauer to promote her latest book, "Living the Good Long Life: A Practical Guide to Caring for Yourself and Others," the 71-year-old media mogul confessed that she nearly signed up for Match.com to find a partner. "I had a longtime boyfriend," she explained. "That ended a couple years ago. And I haven't found the next Mr. Right."
Thinking he might exist somewhere on the great wide Web, Stewart started the process of signing up for the matchmaking site. But she didn't get very far.
"I started to laugh halfway down the page," she said of filling out the online application. "It was, like, impossible."
Had she gone through with it, though, she told Lauer she wouldn't have used an alias. "I want to do my real thing," she insisted.
The businesswoman was previously married to Andrew Stewart -- with whom she has a daughter, Alexis Stewart, 47 -- from 1961 to 1987. After they split, she dated actor Sir Anthony Hopkins for a time, and then computer software exec Charles Simonyi. Neither turned out to be "the next Mr. Right," but Stewart isn't calling off the search just yet.
"I love dating!" she told Lauer.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite