Martha Stewart meets two online dating matches on 'Today'
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Match.com/.3 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: WENN8 of 12
- Photo: BRIAN FLANNERY/Bauer-Griffin9 of 12
- Photo: CS5/C. Smith/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Martha Stewart is ready to start dating! After recently creating an online dating profile on Match.com, the 71-year-old homemaking mogul has narrowed down the 1,000 date requests she received to two men, Stan and Larry.
Before going on a date with each suitor, the divorced mother and grandmother of one appeared on the "Today" show Thursday, where she met them for the first time. "I'm slightly apprehensive, but not nervous," she told Matt Lauer.
Stan, 68, is a filmmaker, who coincidentally previously shot Stewart in a commercial. "I always really liked Martha," he said. "How could you not?"
Larry, also 68, is an executive in international steel trade. "When I read the profile, she expressed the same feelings that all of us this age have," he explained, "a lot of trepidation and the fear of it -- and we're usually not afraid of much."
But Larry admitted that he did have some concerns about potentially dating Stewart, because she is so well known. "It would [make me] look more like an opportunist," he said. "And that's not me."
On her profile, Stewart said she was looking for "someone who's intelligent, established, and curious; and who relishes adventure and new experiences as much as I do. Someone who can teach me new things. A lover of animals, grandchildren, and the outdoors. Young at heart."
"Today" cameras will now follow Stewart on her separate dates with the men. "None of these have been set up. None of this is fake," the TV star explained. "I just want everybody to know that because I want other women in a similar situation to mine to realize that it can be done. ... I hope."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBuff Babe
From Crowd Ignite