Martha Stewart meets two online dating matches on 'Today'
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Match.com/.3 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: WENN8 of 12
- Photo: BRIAN FLANNERY/Bauer-Griffin9 of 12
- Photo: CS5/C. Smith/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious MaidsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:37:00 AM
- Idris Elba and Girlfriend Welcome SonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:02:00 AM
- Aereo CEO 'Hoping for a Clear Decision' From Supreme CourtMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Parenthood Season Finale Recap: Amber and Ryan's New Obstacle and Haddie's Big SecMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:41:00 AM
- Parks and Recreation Finale Enlists Workaholics' Blake AndersonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:23:00 AM
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious Maids
Martha Stewart is ready to start dating! After recently creating an online dating profile on Match.com, the 71-year-old homemaking mogul has narrowed down the 1,000 date requests she received to two men, Stan and Larry.
Before going on a date with each suitor, the divorced mother and grandmother of one appeared on the "Today" show Thursday, where she met them for the first time. "I'm slightly apprehensive, but not nervous," she told Matt Lauer.
Stan, 68, is a filmmaker, who coincidentally previously shot Stewart in a commercial. "I always really liked Martha," he said. "How could you not?"
Larry, also 68, is an executive in international steel trade. "When I read the profile, she expressed the same feelings that all of us this age have," he explained, "a lot of trepidation and the fear of it -- and we're usually not afraid of much."
But Larry admitted that he did have some concerns about potentially dating Stewart, because she is so well known. "It would [make me] look more like an opportunist," he said. "And that's not me."
On her profile, Stewart said she was looking for "someone who's intelligent, established, and curious; and who relishes adventure and new experiences as much as I do. Someone who can teach me new things. A lover of animals, grandchildren, and the outdoors. Young at heart."
"Today" cameras will now follow Stewart on her separate dates with the men. "None of these have been set up. None of this is fake," the TV star explained. "I just want everybody to know that because I want other women in a similar situation to mine to realize that it can be done. ... I hope."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite