Martha Stewart's Daughter Lashes Out at Domestic Diva in New Tell-All
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin1 of 15
- Photo: CS5/C. Smith/WENN2 of 15
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Fernando Leon/Retna Digital5 of 15
- Photo: Wonderwall6 of 15
- Photo: Carmen Valdeo/Retna Ltd.7 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital10 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital12 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Scandal Postmortem: Are Olivia and Fitz Over for Good?MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 10:08:00 AM
- Ratings: Scandal Hits Finale High; Community, Parenthood Up MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 9:34:00 AM
- I Don't Know What Bryan Singer Did, and Neither Do YouMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Scandal' Season Finale Up as ABC Wins NightMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:55:00 AM
- Hillary Rodham Clinton's New Memoir Title and Cover UnveiledMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Scandal Postmortem: Are Olivia and Fitz Over for Good?
America's domestic diva apparently has a dark side.
In a scathing new tell-all book, Martha Stewart's daughter, Alexis, reveals that life as the homemaker's child was far from perfect.
"Martha does everything better! You can't win!" Alexis, 46, writes of her mother, 70, in her new book Whateverland: Learning to Live Here, out Oct. 18. "If I didn't do something perfectly, I had to do it again. I grew up with a glue gun pointed at my head."
Now a mother herself, Alexis angrily reflects in her book on Martha's lack of basic parenting skills.
"Martha was not interested in being kid-friendly," Alexis reveals in Whateverland. "She used to make me wrap my own presents. She would hand me things right before Christmas and say, 'Now wrap these but don't look inside.'"
But Alexis says she took the most issue with the domestic diva's habits around the house.
"My mother has a sign on all of her doors to take your shoes off," Alexis writes. "For god's sake! My mother's dogs p--s and s--t on her rugs and she's telling people to take their shoes off?
"[She] always peed with the door open," Alexis continued of her mother's bathroom hygiene. "I remember saying, 'You know, now I have friends over! You can't do that anymore! It's gotta stop! My friends' parents don't do it! Give me a break here! I don’t feel like being embarrassed! It's exhausting! I'm a kid! Stop!'"
Though Alexis drops these and other bombshells in the book, she insists she harbors no ill will. In fact, she even dedicated the tome to Martha. Says the TV personality of her daughter, Alexis: "She's her own person. She makes up her own mind."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite