Martha Stewart's Daughter Lashes Out at Domestic Diva in New Tell-AllRelated: Martha Stewart
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin1 of 15
- Photo: CS5/C. Smith/WENN2 of 15
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/AP3 of 15
- Photo: WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Fernando Leon/Retna Digital5 of 15
- Photo: Wonderwall6 of 15
- Photo: Carmen Valdeo/Retna Ltd.7 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital10 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital12 of 15
- Photo: AP13 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
America's domestic diva apparently has a dark side.
In a scathing new tell-all book, Martha Stewart's daughter, Alexis, reveals that life as the homemaker's child was far from perfect.
"Martha does everything better! You can't win!" Alexis, 46, writes of her mother, 70, in her new book Whateverland: Learning to Live Here, out Oct. 18. "If I didn't do something perfectly, I had to do it again. I grew up with a glue gun pointed at my head."
Now a mother herself, Alexis angrily reflects in her book on Martha's lack of basic parenting skills.
"Martha was not interested in being kid-friendly," Alexis reveals in Whateverland. "She used to make me wrap my own presents. She would hand me things right before Christmas and say, 'Now wrap these but don't look inside.'"
But Alexis says she took the most issue with the domestic diva's habits around the house.
"My mother has a sign on all of her doors to take your shoes off," Alexis writes. "For god's sake! My mother's dogs p--s and s--t on her rugs and she's telling people to take their shoes off?
"[She] always peed with the door open," Alexis continued of her mother's bathroom hygiene. "I remember saying, 'You know, now I have friends over! You can't do that anymore! It's gotta stop! My friends' parents don't do it! Give me a break here! I don’t feel like being embarrassed! It's exhausting! I'm a kid! Stop!'"
Though Alexis drops these and other bombshells in the book, she insists she harbors no ill will. In fact, she even dedicated the tome to Martha. Says the TV personality of her daughter, Alexis: "She's her own person. She makes up her own mind."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite