Mary-Kate Olsen: 'I Just Learned How to Brush My Hair'
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 18
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks5 of 18
- Photo: Full House/Promotional6 of 18
- Photo: Donato Sardella/Getty Images North America7 of 18
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 18
- Photo: Edit/Promotional10 of 18
- Photo: @ashley_olsen_official/Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet12 of 18
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet13 of 18
- Photo: ABC Photo Archives/ABC/Getty Images North America14 of 18
- Photo: Matt Baron/BEImages/Rex USA15 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- CBS Bumps Halle Berry's 'Extant' to 10 P.M. After Ratings SlipMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Eva Green in Talks to Star in Tim Burton's 'Miss Peregrine's Home for PecMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 11:42:00 AM
- Christopher Walken, Giancarlo Esposito Join Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:58:00 AM
- 'Glee' Star Lea Michele to Guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:30:00 AM
- Sarah Palin Channel Mocked on Twitter With Terrible Ideas for TV ShowsMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:19:00 AM
- CBS Bumps Halle Berry's 'Extant' to 10 P.M. After Ratings Slip
Hair-raising confessions! In a March 14 interview with Elle magazine, designer duo Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, both 27, reveal their hidden beauty talents… or the lack thereof. Newly-engaged sister Mary-Kate told the magazine that she feels like she has just recently learned the most basic haircare practice of all: how to brush her golden tresses.
"You know, the truth is I feel like I just learned how to brush my hair like last week!" the newly engaged twin told the magazine, laughing. While she may have been joking, it's not such a far-fetched comment given her low-key hairstyles.
Sister Ashley admitted to having a bit more talents in the beauty department. "My friend actually also made me cut her hair the other day and that didn't look too bad either," Ashley shared. "She had long hair, too. It was down to here [salutes to her belly button] and I cut it up to here [points to just below her shoulder]. She made me do it, but it looks great. I made it a blunt, A-line haircut. And then we had a professional come in after and clean it up a bit! But it was pretty good on its own."
The secret to the twins' naturally glam hairstyles isn't brushing technique or the perfect cut. Their hairstylist Mark Townsend revealed that a key product creates the perfect amount of volume and grit. "They are blessed with having great texture and natural wave in their hair, so we don't have to spend a lot of time to get that perfectly tousled look," Townsend told the Coveteur. "The biggest secret is the dry shampoo -- it gives the hair such amazing texture."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite