Mary Tyler Moore devastated by Valerie Harper's cancer news
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Michael Tweed/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: JM11/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Stephen Chernin/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:49:00 AM
- Is WGN America's Manhattan a Blast? 4 Reasons to Watch the Atomic DramaMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:30:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Scores $2.74 Million on Thursday Night, 'Hercules' GruntsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:24:00 AM
- Exclusive Video: Behind the Scenes of The Wonder Years Cast ReunionMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:39:00 AM
- Ratings: Top-Rated 'Big Brother' Pushes CBS to a WinMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:36:00 AM
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'
Actress Mary Tyler Moore has reached out to offer support to her former TV co-star, Valerie Harper, after she was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.
Harper, who played Moore's best friend Rhoda Morgenstern on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," has been told she has just months to live after developing a rare condition called leptomeningeal carcinomatosis.
Moore, herself, underwent surgery in 2011 for a benign tumor in the membrane surrounding the brain, where Harper's malignant cancer cells are.
Now the 76-year-old has reacted to her friend's diagnosis, telling People.com, "I'm absolutely devastated by this news. Valerie has given so much joy, laughter and love to the world. I join her fans and send much love and positive thoughts to her and her family during this difficult time."
Harper insists Moore has been "a great girlfriend" in real life for decades, and she called her old pal up to tell her about her cancer one day before going public with the news on March 6, 2013.
Harper recalls, "She said, 'What's up?' I said, 'It's incurable cancer.' She said, 'Val, I'm so sorry...' Mary said, 'One day at a time. That's how we've got to live our lives. That's the best we can do.' I love her. ... I learned so much from her, and she shared so much."
Meanwhile, actress Roma Downey, who worked with Harper on TV drama "Touched by an Angel," has added her thoughts after learning the sad news, saying, "We’re going to keep her in our prayers. I love Valerie. I love working with her. She is a beautiful, wonderful, generous hearted woman."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite