Matt Lauer Denies Rumors of Marital Split and Cheating
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Jennifer Mitchell/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: SD/AS/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage4 of 7
- Photo: Retna Digital5 of 7
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:48 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:48:49 PM
- Newport Folk Festival celebrates 55th anniversaryMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:48:41 PM
- 'Beneath' Director Ben Ketai on Sam Raimi's Tutelage, Claustrophobic CoalMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Yes! Former WWE champ catches suspected burglarMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:39:18 PM
- 'Agent Carter' First Episodes to Be Directed by 'Captain America: Winter MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:29:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:48 p.m. EDT
Matt Lauer is slamming reports that he has split from his wife Annette, and he calls the rumors that he has cheated on her "ridiculous."
"I am living in my apartment with Annette and my children as a family and a couple," the "Today" show host tells People.com. "I have never moved out. I am not moving out. There is no truth to that."
The couple briefly split up in 2006 when Annette filed for divorce, but they soon reunited.
"Have we had a completely perfect, easy marriage? No. But the stories you've read over the years are not true," he says.
"I don't think we're any different than any married couple that's been together for 12 years," he continues. "The accusations [of infidelity] are ridiculous and I'm not going to [dignify] them with an answer. It's not true."
RELATED: Read more about Matt Lauer
Meanwhile, Annette tells the site in separate interview, "Out of self respect, I want to stand up for our family and protect them." She adds that although she and her husband have weathered some tough times together in the past, "We have worked through it."
More from ET: White House Party Crashers Break Silence
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite