Matt Lauer, Katie Couric to work together again?
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Daly/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Bobby Bank/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: INB/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Virginia Sherwood/NBC/USMagazine8 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
The pair "think they have great chemistry," an insider says. Lauer could use a fresh start. Continues the insider: "He knows people blame him for 'Today' [show] problems," namely a drop to No. 2 behind "Good Morning America" and the bad PR associated with Ann Curry's 2012 ouster.
The newsman, 55, first considered leaving NBC to join Couric, 56, in 2011 while renegotiating his contract. ("There were preliminary discussions," a Couric source counters, "but a collaboration just doesn't make sense now." A Lauer source adds, "There is absolutely no truth to this.")
Lauer's $25 million deal is up in 2014, which presents another hurdle: how to pay him a comparable salary. A second insider says Disney-ABC has an incentive: "They want to re-create that old magic."
For more details on Lauer and Couric's possible reunion, watch this week's Hot Stuff video, as explained by Us Weekly's Deputy Editor Online Justin Ravitz and special guest, "I'm a Star" singer Chrisette Michele.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite