Matt Lauer, Katie Couric to work together again?
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Daly/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Bobby Bank/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: INB/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Virginia Sherwood/NBC/USMagazine8 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
The pair "think they have great chemistry," an insider says. Lauer could use a fresh start. Continues the insider: "He knows people blame him for 'Today' [show] problems," namely a drop to No. 2 behind "Good Morning America" and the bad PR associated with Ann Curry's 2012 ouster.
The newsman, 55, first considered leaving NBC to join Couric, 56, in 2011 while renegotiating his contract. ("There were preliminary discussions," a Couric source counters, "but a collaboration just doesn't make sense now." A Lauer source adds, "There is absolutely no truth to this.")
Lauer's $25 million deal is up in 2014, which presents another hurdle: how to pay him a comparable salary. A second insider says Disney-ABC has an incentive: "They want to re-create that old magic."
For more details on Lauer and Couric's possible reunion, watch this week's Hot Stuff video, as explained by Us Weekly's Deputy Editor Online Justin Ravitz and special guest, "I'm a Star" singer Chrisette Michele.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite