Matt LeBlanc: I Love My 'F--- You Money' From 'Friends'
- Photo: Splash News1 of 5
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: MatrixPhotos.com/.3 of 5
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Megan Thomason's Sci-Fi Trilogy 'daylight' Optioned by Pathbender (ExclusMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 12:36:00 PM
- Zooey Deschanel Poses With Bill Murray to Celebrate Wrapping 'Rock the Kasbah' (PhMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 12:24:00 PM
- 'Honorable Woman' Writer-Director Hugo Blick Talks His 'Meditative Pace,&MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 12:20:00 PM
- Exclusive: Find Out When Bering Sea Gold Returns to DiscoveryMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 12:05:00 PM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Heads Into Box-Office Battle Having Already Won the WarMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 12:02:00 PM
- Megan Thomason's Sci-Fi Trilogy 'daylight' Optioned by Pathbender (Exclus
How's he doin'?
It's been about five years since Matt LeBlanc's "Friends" spinoff was canceled. So where has he been, anyway?
"I took four or five years off," LeBlanc, 43, tells Details mag, explaining that his off-camera life was less-than-rosy at the time.
"There were a lot of things that were spinning out of control. My daughter had been diagnosed with an illness, my marriage was falling apart, the writing was on the wall that the show was going away--that being the least of those three major problems," says the star, who's finally back on TV playing himself on Showtime's "Episodes."
"I was extremely stressed, and then it was all kind of poof! -- quiet. So I said, 'You know, this is a good time to crawl under a rock,'" says the single star.
LeBlanc admitted he could afford to turn down all the Hollywood offers coming his way. "Thank God I didn't need the money," he said. "You know there's that saying that you make your f--- you money in Hollywood? I made that."
So, exactly how rich is he, then? "My daughter's education is paid for. Her grandchildren's education is paid for. My mother's house is paid off. My father's house is paid off. My house is paid off," he explains. "I come from a blue-collar background, and there's nothing in my upbringing that prepares you for that."
LeBlanc and his "Friends" cohorts Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer famously made $1 million each per episode by the end of the NBC smash's 10-year run.
"It's a little bizarre," LeBlanc concedes. "There are only five other people that have this thing in common with me."
Fans have also been surprised to see LeBlanc sport a full head of gray hair -- but he's been going gray since his "early twenties," he reveals. "I'm not going for the George Clooney thing," he clarifies. "I'm getting old. I'm going for the inevitable."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Advice for friends trying to be more honest
Learn all about 'Friends' on MSN
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHits and Misses
From Crowd Ignite