Matthew Perry, Lizzy Caplan quietly split, "haven't been together for a long time"
- Photo: KH1/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/Pacific Coast News2 of 10
- Photo: Mark Davis/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 10
- Photo: WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Angela Weiss/Getty Images North America7 of 10
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 10
More Celeb News
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to NashvilleMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:43:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of Anarchy
Matthew Perry does a good job of keeping his personal life under wraps. He does such a good job, in fact, that he managed to end a long-term relationship with "Masters of Sex" star Lizzy Caplan without anyone finding out. The couple, who first started dating in 2006, quietly broke up back in 2012, a source confirms to Us Weekly.
"It happened a year and a half ago," the insider says. "They haven't been together for a long time."
Tellingly, Caplan demurred when asked about Perry during a recent interview with the U.K.'s Independent and hinted that she took pride in her anonymity. "I can stand right next to paparazzi, and I do that sometimes," she said. "I'm close with people who are far more famous, and they know how to avoid attention."
That doesn't mean she's hiding, though. The actress, who has also appeared on "True Blood" and "New Girl," was recently spotted on a date with a mystery man at Cleo at the Redbury Hotel in Hollywood.
Perry, for his part, has been busy with work and personal projects. Though his NBC sitcom "Go On" was canceled last spring after just one season, the 44-year-old actor isn't sitting idly by.
He recently turned his Malibu beach house into a sober living facility called Perry House, for men who need help transitioning from rehab to the real world. (Perry himself has a history of drug and alcohol problems.)
"The thing that I'm most proud of in my life," he told "ABC News" earlier this year, "is that if a stranger came up to me and said, 'I can't stop drinking. I can't stop drinking. Can you help me?' I can say, 'Yes, I can help you.'"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite