Leighton Meester's mom pleads for money, saying she'll be homeless
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks6 of 17
- Photo: VPB/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: Splash News8 of 17
- Photo: WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Joseph Kerlakian/StarTraks10 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks13 of 17
- Photo: Justin Campbell/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones RomanceMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:49:00 PM
- Tumblr Tops Twitter's Social TV Activity, Says New StudyMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Comedy Group Dr. God Sets Up AXS TV Show, Wraps First Feature (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: 5 TakeawaysMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Mean Girls Star Daniel Franzese Comes OutMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:03:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones Romance
"Gossip Girl" star Leighton Meester's mother has taken aim at the actress for allegedly turning her back on the family at a time when they desperately need her financial support.
Constance Meester claims her daughter has cut her off and that she and the actress's younger brother, Lex, face the holidays without a home now that she has stopped aiding them financially.
In an exclusive interview with In Touch magazine, Constance says, "My car was taken away. My house has gone into default, and we can't afford food. I only have $26 left. If something doesn't happen soon, we'll be homeless by the holidays. I just got blood work done, and the doctors are pretty sure that I have lymphoma."
Meester's mother, who was incarcerated on drug-related charges shortly after her daughter was born, insists she got clean to help her daughter make it as a star, and that she has supported her as she chased her dream, even taking a job as an exotic dancer to "make ends meet."
When Leighton landed a regular spot on "Gossip Girl," Constance imagined that the hard times were over. But mother and daughter fell out three years ago and the actress ended their informal business relationship. Earlier this year, she accused her mother of using her monthly cash handouts for cosmetic surgery, and the star stopped paying.
And now her mom and brother are pleading poverty in the media.
Constance tells In Touch, "The other night I was looking at homeless shelters, and Lex showed me photos he'd found of a million-dollar house she bought in L.A. and said, 'Mom, how can she do this to us?'"
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite