Melissa and Joan Rivers on Kelly Osbourne's 'scary' seizure
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com2 of 11
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.3 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Derek Storm/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage8 of 11
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images North America9 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
After witnessing their fellow "Fashion Police" co-host Kelly Osbourne suffer a seizure on set, Joan and Melissa Rivers are opening up about Thursday's terrifying events and how they sprang to action when no one else would.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
After Melissa recognized Kelly was exhibiting signs of a seizure, she reveals to ET that her instinct kicked in and she, with the help of her mother, was able to practice the proper procedures until help arrived.
"More than anything it was just scary," she recalls. "I just laid on the ground holding on to her until the paramedics came."
Keeping Kelly calm was the mother-daughter duo's most difficult task, Melissa explains.
"I just laid on the ground with her until we got the seizure to stop," she says. "She was disoriented and I just laid on the ground with her to keep her down because she kept trying to stand up."
Melissa further explains, "I made her look at me. I said, 'I'm here, stay with me, it's all fine.' I explained where we were."
RELATED: Most tattooed babes in Hollywood
After the seizure ended, Osbourne wanted to continue taping the show but Joan insisted she go to the hospital.
Kelly addressed the events of the day herself Thursday night in a tweet to her fans thanking them for their support.
"Thank U all 4 UR beautiful well wishes," she wrote. "Yes I did have a seizure they are just trying to figure out why."
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
From Crowd Ignite