Melissa and Joan Rivers on Kelly Osbourne's 'scary' seizure
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com2 of 11
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.3 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Derek Storm/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage8 of 11
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images North America9 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ferguson Sued for $40 Million for Response to ProtestsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 6:35:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 9:19 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 6:19:33 AM
- Discovery Cancels Sons of Guns after Will Hayden Arrested on Rape ChargesMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 6:01:00 AM
- 'Big Brother' Eviction Leads to Guest Spot on 'The Bold and the BeautifulMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:02:00 AM
- 'As Above, So Below' Review: Deserves a Swift BurialMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 10:23:00 PM
- Ferguson Sued for $40 Million for Response to Protests
After witnessing their fellow "Fashion Police" co-host Kelly Osbourne suffer a seizure on set, Joan and Melissa Rivers are opening up about Thursday's terrifying events and how they sprang to action when no one else would.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
After Melissa recognized Kelly was exhibiting signs of a seizure, she reveals to ET that her instinct kicked in and she, with the help of her mother, was able to practice the proper procedures until help arrived.
"More than anything it was just scary," she recalls. "I just laid on the ground holding on to her until the paramedics came."
Keeping Kelly calm was the mother-daughter duo's most difficult task, Melissa explains.
"I just laid on the ground with her until we got the seizure to stop," she says. "She was disoriented and I just laid on the ground with her to keep her down because she kept trying to stand up."
Melissa further explains, "I made her look at me. I said, 'I'm here, stay with me, it's all fine.' I explained where we were."
RELATED: Most tattooed babes in Hollywood
After the seizure ended, Osbourne wanted to continue taping the show but Joan insisted she go to the hospital.
Kelly addressed the events of the day herself Thursday night in a tweet to her fans thanking them for their support.
"Thank U all 4 UR beautiful well wishes," she wrote. "Yes I did have a seizure they are just trying to figure out why."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite