Melissa Gilbert engaged to Timothy Busfield!
- Photo: Travis Wade/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Splash News3 of 5
- Photo: Splash News4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
"Little House on the Prairie" meets "Thirtysomething" ... for love! Melissa Gilbert is engaged to actor Timothy Busfield, a rep for Gilbert, 48, tells Us Weekly. It will be the third marriage for both. A mother of two, "Dancing With the Stars" alumna Gilbert's previous husbands are Bo Brinkman (they divorced in 1992) and Bruce Boxleitner (their split was finalized in 2011). A father of three, "West Wing" star Busfield, 55, has been married to Radha Delamarter and Jenny Merwin.
"They got engaged over the holidays," a source tells Us of the surprise couple. What brought the TV veterans together in the first place? "They've known each other for quite some time, as their paths have crossed off and on over the past 20 years."
The spouses-to-be celebrated their engagement Monday evening at Beverly Hills eatery Mr. Chow. Gilbert, who became a child star as Laura Ingalls on "Little House on the Prairie" in the '70s and '80s, admitted last year during her stint on "DWTS" that her split from her second husband, Boxleitner, after 16 years together, was a challenge.
"It's been hard on the kids and that's been hard to watch, but ultimately everyone's going to be fine," Gilbert, who dated Rob Lowe as a young adult, said in April 2012. "Everything takes time."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite