Melissa McCarthy: 'Sometimes I wish I were just magically a size 6'
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.1 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Marcus / Zodiac/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time WarpMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Cinedigm Acquires Frank P. DeLarzelere III Documentary 'Biker Fox'MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:11:00 PM
- Artie Lange Hospitalized for Diabetic ShockMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:09:00 PM
- CNN's Sanjay Gupta on Deadly Ebola Outbreak in Africa; Whether It Could Spread to U.S.MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Transcendence' Director Wally Pfiester on 'Frustrating' TechnolMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time Warp
Melissa McCarthy would happily lose a few pounds -- if she only knew how.
In the November issue of Good Housekeeping (excerpted via the Daily Mail), the 42-year-old "Mike & Molly" star speaks candidly about her struggle to lose weight. "Sometimes I wish I were just magically a size 6, and I never had to give it a single thought. But I am weirdly healthy, so I don't beat myself up about it -- it wouldn't help, and I don't want to pass that on to my girls." (McCarthy and her actor husband, Ben Falcone, are parents to daughters Vivian, 5, and Georgette, 2.)
Because she regularly plays tennis and does Pilates, McCarthy is dumbfounded as to why she hasn't slimmed down. "I don't really know why I'm not thinner than I am," the "Bridesmaids" actress says. "I don't really drink soda, I don't have a sweet tooth and we eat healthfully at home."
McCarthy knows she's not the only woman who is unhappy with her body. "Pretty much everyone I know, no matter what size, is trying some system," she tells the magazine. "Even when someone gets to looking like she should be so proud of herself, instead she's like, 'I could be another three pounds less; I could be a little taller and have bigger lips.' Where does it end?"
According to McCarthy, she's learned to make peace with her body by focusing on the positive. "You just have to say, 'It's pretty damn good. I am right here at the moment and I'm OK with it. I've got other things to think about.'"
McCarthy's new movie, "Identify Thief," also stars Jason Bateman and Amanda Peet. It hits theaters nationwide on Feb. 8, 2013.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Melissa McCarthy: "Sometimes I Wish I Were Just Magically a Size 6"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite