Melissa McCarthy: 'Sometimes I wish I were just magically a size 6'
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.1 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Marcus / Zodiac/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:17:18 AM
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurchMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:01:13 AM
- Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUIMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:56:21 PM
- Cameraman recounts Crocodile Hunter's last momentsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:42:26 PM
- 'Need for Speed' Review: Aaron Paul Can't Get This Vehicle Off the LotMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:30:00 PM
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inductees
Melissa McCarthy would happily lose a few pounds -- if she only knew how.
In the November issue of Good Housekeeping (excerpted via the Daily Mail), the 42-year-old "Mike & Molly" star speaks candidly about her struggle to lose weight. "Sometimes I wish I were just magically a size 6, and I never had to give it a single thought. But I am weirdly healthy, so I don't beat myself up about it -- it wouldn't help, and I don't want to pass that on to my girls." (McCarthy and her actor husband, Ben Falcone, are parents to daughters Vivian, 5, and Georgette, 2.)
Because she regularly plays tennis and does Pilates, McCarthy is dumbfounded as to why she hasn't slimmed down. "I don't really know why I'm not thinner than I am," the "Bridesmaids" actress says. "I don't really drink soda, I don't have a sweet tooth and we eat healthfully at home."
McCarthy knows she's not the only woman who is unhappy with her body. "Pretty much everyone I know, no matter what size, is trying some system," she tells the magazine. "Even when someone gets to looking like she should be so proud of herself, instead she's like, 'I could be another three pounds less; I could be a little taller and have bigger lips.' Where does it end?"
According to McCarthy, she's learned to make peace with her body by focusing on the positive. "You just have to say, 'It's pretty damn good. I am right here at the moment and I'm OK with it. I've got other things to think about.'"
McCarthy's new movie, "Identify Thief," also stars Jason Bateman and Amanda Peet. It hits theaters nationwide on Feb. 8, 2013.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Melissa McCarthy: "Sometimes I Wish I Were Just Magically a Size 6"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite