Mich. pair lose appeal in John Stamos extortion
- Photo: Ralph Notaro/Splash News1 of 18
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital2 of 18
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP3 of 18
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP4 of 18
- Photo: WENN5 of 18
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: @JohnStamos/Twitter7 of 18
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/ courtesy of RCN/WireImage8 of 18
- Photo: Seth Browarnik/StarTraks9 of 18
- Photo: @johnstamos/Twitter10 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage11 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 18
- Photo: Oikos/Promotional13 of 18
- Photo: Garth Vaughan/Invision/AP14 of 18
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP15 of 18
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional16 of 18
- Photo: Twitter/.17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- 'The Good Wife' Review: Legal Drama Ditches the Grief for Dynamic StorytellingMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:26:00 AM
- Jessica Chastain's 'Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' Stumbles in SpecialtyMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are LeakedMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Why Is Hope Solo Allowed to Play Soccer Despite Domestic Abuse Charges?MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:19:00 AM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late Arr
MARQUETTE, Mich. (AP) -- A federal appeals court has upheld the convictions of a man and woman from Michigan's Upper Peninsula who were accused of trying to blackmail actor John Stamos.
RELATED: Stamos and more celebs who are Greek
A three-judge panel in Cincinnati rejected challenges to the indictment Monday as well as claims that Allison Coss and Scott Sippola should have received a break at sentencing for accepting responsibility.
They were sentenced to four years in prison in 2010 after a jury convicted them of conspiracy and using email to threaten a person's reputation. Coss and Sippola threatened to sell old photos of Stamos with strippers and cocaine to the tabloids unless he paid $680,000. The FBI said the photos didn't exist.
Stamos met Coss in Florida in 2004 and they became friends.
RELATED: Hollywood's most famous bromances
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite