Mich. pair lose appeal in John Stamos extortion
- Photo: Ralph Notaro/Splash News1 of 18
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital2 of 18
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP3 of 18
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP4 of 18
- Photo: WENN5 of 18
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: @JohnStamos/Twitter7 of 18
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/ courtesy of RCN/WireImage8 of 18
- Photo: Seth Browarnik/StarTraks9 of 18
- Photo: @johnstamos/Twitter10 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage11 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 18
- Photo: Oikos/Promotional13 of 18
- Photo: Garth Vaughan/Invision/AP14 of 18
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP15 of 18
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional16 of 18
- Photo: Twitter/.17 of 18
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
MARQUETTE, Mich. (AP) -- A federal appeals court has upheld the convictions of a man and woman from Michigan's Upper Peninsula who were accused of trying to blackmail actor John Stamos.
RELATED: Stamos and more celebs who are Greek
A three-judge panel in Cincinnati rejected challenges to the indictment Monday as well as claims that Allison Coss and Scott Sippola should have received a break at sentencing for accepting responsibility.
They were sentenced to four years in prison in 2010 after a jury convicted them of conspiracy and using email to threaten a person's reputation. Coss and Sippola threatened to sell old photos of Stamos with strippers and cocaine to the tabloids unless he paid $680,000. The FBI said the photos didn't exist.
Stamos met Coss in Florida in 2004 and they became friends.
RELATED: Hollywood's most famous bromances
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite